Monday 19 April 2010

Reflection

It has been awhile since i reflected on my improvements. Well to start off i now feel that i have enough knowledge to do 3D model building. When i started the course i was not looking forward to the whole character model building thing. But now i have build a reasonable character for my first try, i am very happy with what i have produced.

This being said i seem to have difficulty to rigging him. I just can't get my head around it. I suppose every one hits a point in which they really need to improve upon. And rigging is mine.

The other software i have found out i can use is illustrator. Although i can use it, i dont like the feel of restriction to my work which illustrator does to me. This is not the programme its me and the way i work. Free hand movements and not so refined in the line work. This is why i have always like Photoshop and Corel Painter. They feel more natural to me. I will keep giving illustrator a shot from time to time but this very point i don't think Illustrator is my programme of choice to work with.

Premier Pro and After Effects are reasonable the same in the way they work. Almost identical in the layout of the tools and effects. There is still a lot i need to find to these programmes, and a lot more i will find out what they can be used for.

There is also Final Cut which is basically Premier Pro since the creator of Premier is the creator of Final Cut so there is nothing noticeably different about the programmes.

Apart form that i am reasonably confidant with my skills with the likes of Photoshop and hand drawings. Although with Photoshop i am finding little things i can do to my work that i didn't realise. Nothing to do with them being hidden i just really use more than the brush tool.

My time management is a little rusty and i really need to sort it out. I have handed my work in on time and never missed a deadline, except the time i was ill. So in future i should write my self out a work plan or time table, and stick to it. If i were to do this i believe my work would improve by a massive amount. Since i will be using all my time given to its best use.

No comments:

Post a Comment