Thursday 16 September 2010

Research and progress

Research and progress

After looking around for awhile I stumbled across some lovely animation one I already know of and the other is not so much a animation but its still involves animation since its a game.

Limbo

The style of this is very well done I really like the silhouetted style with the very nice faint glow of light breaking through. The characters animations are greatly done to I notice that he never actually looks at the player face on or turn his back. That is clever for the way the game works and I might try this in a test sample for my animation.

Kwoon animation

The style of the character not really showing much of its face is what I have ended up simplifying my character to be like. But mixing the style I have done with the likes of limbo style could work really well. The processes of this animation are all done in 3D I still haven't determined what I will be doing but I don't think I will be doing it in 3D. Heading towards the animation being 2D and hand drawn frame by frame. But this could change as soon as I test some styles out.

Whilst I will be focusing on creating ether a more simplified version of my character and doing the character sheets I will be making some test concept art pieces to see what it would looks like if I mix the two styels together. After doing this I will be making a very small version of the leather bound book that I wish to create ounce the animation and the illustrations are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment